Preparation of a mine closure plan for a Hillgrove Resources site in northern NSW. The document detailed the site background, closure and lease relinquishment procedures, management strategies to enhance site stability and reduce generation of acid mine drainage. The closure plan adopted a risk based approach to complement the assessment and verification of achieved closure criteria and recommended a monitoring program to enable performance to be progressively assessed.
Rehabilitation options for mine closure objectives were developed through primary consultation with the Department of Industry and Investment NSW, the landowner and the leaseholder as well as general consultation with DECCW and the Local Council. Options were assessed and reviewed through a multi-criteria analysis process which enabled confirmation of the preferred option and refined the subsequent risk-based approach to achieve regulator, leaseholder and landowner satisfaction.
Managed mine rehabilitation works. All onsite works and reporting were completed in accordance with the Mining Operations Plan for Mine Closure and the Mining Lease conditions.
Email: Richard Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Phone: 0409 051 535
- Development Consent for mining activity.
- Mine Closure plan.
- Management of site rehabilitation earthworks, contractors and access arrangements.
- Site Monitoring and reporting.
- Mine Manager.
- SWMS and site safety auditing.
- Coordination of site earthworks contractors.
- Agency liaison (DPI, EPA and Council).
- Rehabilitation Cost Estimate (security calculation) and Rehabilitation Review.