Safety culture at the workplace can influence environmental, health &safety (EHS) performance when it is generated through effective safety leadership.
Aspect collaborates with clients to consider the risk profile, size and nature of the work being carried out. A training needs analysis would:
- Conduct and review an EHS training needs survey in relation to the risk register and consultation with stakeholders.
- Identify EHS training gaps and recommend training programmes to meet those needs.
- Develop measureable learning outcomes
Compliance with an employer’s (or PCBU’s) duty of care to provide information and training that will protect workers from risks to their health and safety at work ranges from general EHS inductions to awareness training and competency-based learning. Off-the-shelf training can be useful but can also be overly generic in nature and become confusing.
To overcome this barrier to learning Aspect consults with the organisation to customise the awareness course to the culture and risk profile of the organisation. Awareness courses have included:
- Executive Legal Liability Awareness: Harmonised Legislation
- EHS Awareness Training
- Take Time 4 Safety Training
- General Induction
- Human Factors Awareness Training
- Manual materials and Ergonomics Training
- Contractor Management Training